A Solid Start at Ten Broeck Farm
An Open Letter from the Hollorans; March 2017
Tessa Holloran started riding her welsh pony at Ten Broeck Farm under the direction of Orintha Silva. With her guidance, Tessa progressed from leadline and short stirrup to competing dressage. In 2013, at nine years old she was the bronze medalist in her division at Lendon's Youth Dressage Festival at HITS in New York. After 8 years, when she sadly outgrew her pony, Orintha helped import her KWPN mare from Holland and continued training. Tessa, age 11, was then the Overall Champion at the 2015 Youth Dressage Festival in New York sweeping her division with a first in equitation, first in the written test, and first in her dressage test and outscoring more than 300 competitors. With the instruction of Phil Silva, Tessa has also twice won the Amateur Handler Class at NEDA's Fall Festival.
Starting at a rather young age, Orintha instilled correct fundamentals and gave Tessa a solid foundation from which to build. She helped mold Tessa into a gracious competitor and focused, coachable young rider. This start has propelled Tessa to her recent accomplishments. Tessa was selected and is currently participating in the 2017 Dressage4Kids Winter Intensive training Program under the direction of Lendon Gray in Wellington, FL. She recently competed at the 2017 Global Dressage Festival and received qualifying scores in First Level, Second Level, and FEI Children Team/Individual tests. She has also qualified for the Dressage Seat Equitation Semi Finals with a high score of 85.
All of her scores are with her KWPN mare Usela with whom she has been working with for 22 months. Together this pair has achieved the following accolades:
- 2017 USDF First Level Rider Performance Award
- 2017 USDF Horse Performance Certificate Training Level
- 2017 USDF Training Level Rider Performance Award
- 2016 KWPN of North America Inc. Junior/Young Rider Award Third Place Training Level (Adequan®/USDF Final All-Breeds Awards)
- 2016 USDF Youth Dressage Rider Recognition Pin
- 2016 USEF Junior High School Equestrian Athlete Program
- NEDA 2016 Year End Awards- 4th Place Training Level JR/YR
- NEDA Fall 2016 KWPN High Point Training Level Jr. Division
- 3rd Place USDF Dressage Seat Medal Semi-Finals (Region 8)
With Orintha now full-time in Florida, we have enjoyed the chance to again connect in person over the winter. She provides continuous support to Tessa and our family and we value her insights and opinion. This team has grown exponentially, success that is undoubtedly possible because of the training and solid start Tessa received at Ten Broeck Farm. Thank you Orintha, we wish you much success in Florida and know you will always be part of our lives.
Check out more Program News!